View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2019, 12:10 AM   #9
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolland View Post
Quick question before getting into it, when testing the fuses I would get a reading of "0.00". Is that correct?
Yes, that's correct. Zero-ohms, no resistance, perfect conductivity. Good job testing!

Quote:
As for other the tests, I followed your steps and every point of failure you suggested tested perfectly with +12v but the fan wasn't turning on. I thought this was odd and decided it must be the paper clip I used (maybe couldn't let enough power through?). I actually have a live wire from the wires I cut and fed it to the other side of the thermoswitch connecter and the fan came on!
I'm not sure what you did here. You originally bridged connector with paper-clip? And that didn't turn on fan? You skipped step:

- Did you have +12v at white/blue wire leaving fuse box?
- Did you have +12v at white/blue wire where it entre thermoswitch-connector?

However, if you were low on coolant and thermoswitch wasn't immersed in coolant, it would not turn fan on. In this case, you still don't know for sure if thermoswitch is good or bad. So best to remove it and test its resistance in pot of water at room-temperature. Then test it again as you bring pot to boil. If when water boils and thermoswitch still hasn't closed circuit (zero-ohms between terminals), then you can 100% confirm that it's bad.

Not sure what those wires are, probably not related to fan in any way. Can't find any brown & green wires near front of bike in any wiring-diagrams. Probably coincidental that your fan stopped working. Trace where those wires go at other end.

DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote