Old March 29th, 2015, 06:34 PM   #25
cadd
cadd cadd cadd

Name: Cadd

Motorcycle(s): 300

MOTM - May '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfkrocks View Post
My understanding of it was that he would just take it off-road as is in street trim. You know, the same way some of the more adventurous ninjetters take their 250s off-roading
Correct. I will not getting a set of wheels for off-roading duty. If it does go off road (fire roads like this).....

.....it will be in street trim.

The main purpose of it will be around town riding. I will still have the Ninja 300 for 50mph highway riding.

Because I have both a 250 & a 300, it doesn't make sense to keep both as they both serve the same purpose. I looked at making the 250 a track bike.....but just can't afford trackdays. Started doing some math and it's pretty expensive.

So instead of having two "road" bikes, I thought have one that's both road and dirt....mainly focusing on road.

Most supermotos come with sticky road tires (that are around OEM Ninja 300 size).

I don't know.....maybe it's the hooligan in me. I like riding my mountain bike down stairs. Just the thought of a motorcycle doing that makes my heart beat a little faster (although I would NEVER do it). But it kinda brings out the inner kid.

Link to original page on YouTube.

cadd is offline   Reply With Quote