adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcgss77 View Post
Thank you, @adouglas for your recommendation. I trust your input, and will certainly be looking these up when I am able to afford it. I just wish they were bluetooth for that pricepoint. I will not be giving my money to Bose, I think that though they do put out a quality product, the pricing is far from matching the quality. Do you link up with GPS on these, and what do you recommend when linking up to a phone attached to the bike to use the GPS visually and auditory(sp)?
PlugUp is a small business and these things are made by hand. I do believe they can attach the S-plug tips to a bluetooth headset that you supply... depends on the headset. The electronics can't be in the earbuds for obvious reasons. They show something like this on their website, but the information is dated. Drop them a line.

I use this, clipped to my backpack harness or jacket. Nothing unique about it... it's just a simple Bluetooth receiver.

https://www.outdoortechnology.com/pr...nt=36887922958

iPhone is in a cradle on the top triple. For commuting I have podcasts running in the background, and Waze in the foreground. I have the Waze audio set for alerts only.

When going on rides where I need directions, I prefer the display on the CoPilot app. So in those situations I'm running three things at once... CoPilot for nav (in the foreground), Waze for police warnings (background audio) and my podcast app.

When just riding around, sometimes I just wear earplugs... or I'll just have podcast audio with no display.

Copilot safety view....

Nam et ipsa scientia potestas est.
Heri historia. Cras mysterium. Hodie donum est. Carpe diem.
adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.