View Single Post
Old September 28th, 2021, 06:31 AM   #99
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
Or.... if your a cheap O'l man and would rather make it yourself you can....
this is the REFINED version, the first version dropped the bike against the Logan lathe and busted the fairing ! GRRRRR !
and Yes I can put it on the stand myself without help, I did it slowly and made sure the forks were lining up on the swing arm and then once I was sure I just put the handle to the floor.
of note I used to thin of angle iron to build this thing... I should have used heavier stuff and I wouldn't have had to add the cross brace !
the 3/4" water pipe I added to each side was to keep it from tipping over again.... it's worked so far !

Bob.......
Pretty cool design and awesome fabrication job!

Maybe "heavier" isn't what you're after, but stiffer and more rigid. So using wider & thinner pieces would give you stiffer structure for same weight. Larger-diameter 2" tubing with thin walls would be even lighter for higher stiffness. Brace you've got works even better because base of triangle is even larger than tubing! You'll want a triangular brace between lever and left-upright, it'll eventually snap off where lever joins cross-piece.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote