View Single Post
Old December 16th, 2014, 08:31 AM   #8
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Standard spiel: On the 250, the party starts at 10,000 rpm. Keep the bike wound up and it's more fun than you might think. Many new riders who want to jump up to a supersport right away just aren't riding the bike hard enough for it to come alive. This is also true of those who believe they need to move from a 600 up to a literbike to have fun. You can have tons of fun on the smallest machines.
Man, you couldn't be more right. Honestly, if you wind the 250/300 at the 11k-12 mark and are going around town driving it like you stole it, it gets scary... fast.

To OP: I get it, you want to upgrade to a bigger bike, that's fine. People here are just trying to caution you about the risks. Some people upgrade from 250 to a liter bike after a month and handle it just fine, others start on a liter bike and are fine... I would say 95% of the time when people hop onto a liter bike as their first bike or upgrade only after a month will end up getting hurt. But some can handle it.. Anyway, I would say the 600 would be enough for you. But it all comes down to what you want.