View Single Post
Old April 18th, 2023, 10:10 AM   #6
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Thanks Jim.... the dead spot is from Idle UP to 6,000 ~ 7,000 RPM everything from idle UP to 6k is dead it is almost impossable to get the RPM's up that high only choke and babying it at the edge of more throttle for a few minutes will get it above that
it's a real big sogy spot right in mid range.... the bike is not rideable like this at all
i can't even fake it lol.....
so yes it sounds like a big vacuum leak it starts where vacuum is highest and then lets off when vacuum declines at higher RPM so yah your right !
I'm thinking the vacuum switch must be stuck open.... it was working when I parked it but it's not working now I think so a quick check of that switch would be to pull the vacuum line to it and plug that line and see if it runs better.... if so that is the problem
...I'll do that in a few minutes when it warms up a bit.... we had a trace of snow last night and my fan on the pellet stove quit last night.... so I had to replace it this morning
to get heat in here....luckily i had the forethought to buy one just after I bought the stove....now I need another one !
but it is below freezing out side right now.... so I'll wait till around noon to test that valve.

Bob.......