View Single Post
Old October 30th, 2013, 11:01 AM   #4726
kirk595x
ninjette.org guru

Name: Robbie

Motorcycle(s): 03' Ninja 250ex

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
ATV Logic, ran me $19.95 at the local ATV shop.

No interference though took some wiggling to get them on. The big fat gloves make finding the turn signal button a bit harder in that I have to feel where it is but thankfully I have the controls memorized. It's tight on the choke lever but still allowed me to move it this morning.

Still need to ride in super cold weather to really test but hoping I can switch to light weight gloves with these on.

*edit: rode home tonight in 40*-50* weather with a cold 20 mph wind blowing on me. Not the coldest I have been out in but my face was cooling off with the chill coming up under the helmet and my legs also cooling down during the ride. It was low enough I had the jacket on medium heat with only a thin base layer on underneath. The flippers (sorry they look like dolphin flippers!) kept the wind off my hands and while my fingers weren't "warm" they certainly weren't cold! Think kind of a cool room temperature. Snow is forecast so further cold weather testing will happen, but I can say that in mildly cold, these things do help.

The only difficulty I found on this ride was while the headwind was pushing the flippers against the lever. If I didn't keep my fingers covering the levers, I had to push my fat gloves between the flipper and the lever. No really issue unless I need to do an emergency brake or shift. So will be keeping my hands in place while just resting. Did find it is easy to remove my left hand to fiddle with headset or camera or whatever, though I did need to glance to make sure I got my hand back into the opening.
Have you considered heated grips? I bought the cheapy grip liners fron cycle gear last winter and they work great. I was commuting all winter 140 miles a day and they kept my hands very toasty!