View Single Post
Old May 22nd, 2019, 05:58 PM   #11
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by F9zSlavik View Post
To clarify, your saying I can either shorten the springs and add PVC spacers or I can buy some springs?
Either way will work, cut springs or buy new stiffer springs. In both cases, you'll need to make up for shorter & stiffer springs with PVC spacers, because by their nature, stiffer springs have fewer or thicker coils and are shorter (lower set).

Stock springs (upper set) already have factory steel spacer. You'll need to increase spacer-length with a PVC version to make up for shorter stiffer spring of either homemade or bought variety. What's difficult to see is small washer between factory spring and spacer. Be sure to carry over that washer to new springs. Aim for about 1/4" pre-load like factory configuration. That is, spring+spacer is 1/4" longer than space inside fork, so you have to compress stack about 1/4" when putting end-caps on.

For your weight, you may want to remove only 8-coils from factory spring (Gary and I are about 170-lbs and need 10-coils removed).
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote