View Single Post
Old August 29th, 2021, 11:07 PM   #8404
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL boy seeing boxes filled with parts brings back many memories !
I bought a $50.00 W1 650 Kawasaki many years ago that looked kind'a like that... it was a mess... I got it running about a week later and it was a fantastic bike. the W1 650 was a copy of the BSA in years gone by. it handled like a BSA
and was a fantastic ride till a 4x4 pulled out infront of me I was doing about 50mph and hit his front tire dead on my knee dented his fender by the hood and I flew about 30 ft before touching down and then sliding off the road.
after that one I said I know what a fly feels like when you swat them with a flyswatter ! it bent the forks badly but I straightened them between the trunk of an oak tree and a comealong ! but the impact broke the cage of one of the main bearings in the bottom end... I finally sold it to my neighbor several years later when it was apparent I was never going to get the money to fix it right.
...I've kicked myself in the tail many times for selling that bike ! but that is how it goes...
you did a real good job of fixing up that bike ! now put some miles on it and enjoy your many hours of labor !!!!
Bob......