View Single Post
Old July 7th, 2016, 04:31 PM   #21
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R (Red), 2005 VFR800A (Red), CRF450X (Red), 2012 F800GS (Wants to be Red!)

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yakaru View Post
Absolutely agreed. There's a reason I'm signed up for multiple sessions with CSS this year at multiple tracks and got a season pass to a track organization. Still, even with training I'm fairly unskilled as a rider but I'm handy with modifying and making my machine pretty unique. I get lots of comments on Saturn which makes me happy, but as a rider I'm still stuck in the "Track Newbie" level -- I'll move up someday, when my skills are there.
Novice or "Track n00bie" is fun but is like a game of billiards: balls bouncing every which way! You'll love racing even more once you get into intermediate etc because the other riders are far more predictable and safer despite the faster pace! You can make a move and be reasonably confident they're not likely to make a dumb move or freak out if you pass close & fast or even bump a bit.

Just a thought: if you have cash burning a hole in your race leathers: I'm always willing to be sponsored!
The Smart Money: #1 - ATGATT, #2 - Training (machine skills and survival skills), #3 - The bike; whatever floats yer boat with the money you have left over
SLOWn60 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.