View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2014, 11:20 AM   #36
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Oh come on, going with where I live, that's even a question?!

Out West is where it's at!

Sure, I was in awe over the sheer amount of greenery, waterways, bridges, historic buildings, and sights, sounds, and smells I am not used to. But the mountains are where my heart and spirit lie. Real mountains, reaching up above 8000 ft, with tight and twisty curves and sharp drop offs that reveal a valley 4000 ft below that stretches out into the distance and covered by a blanket of pine trees.

I like standing along side of the road and looking out over a varied desert landscape, with mountains and valleys laid bare to see the entire geologic story written in exposed stone. I love the sharp contrast of crystal blue rivers and lakes against the grey slab of granite ringing by trees such a deep green they are almost black. I marvel at a skyline of trees hundreds of years old, standing taller than anything else around. All of it capped by the clearest and most brilliant blue sky that is unmatched.

And mostly, I love looking at that vista and not seeing a single sign of human civilization.

Though, riding Hwy 50 though West Virginia is definitely on the "Must ride again" list. Being in a tunnel of light green and yellow trees while the road wrapped back and forth upon itself was an absolute trip!
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote