View Single Post
Old April 24th, 2019, 07:08 AM   #31
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb235 View Post
What's so special about these carbs that only the most seasoned of carb gurus can rebuild these? I've gathered that ducatiman is the respected carb guy in these parts, but can the average home mechanic empowered by YouTube, Google, and internet forums not tackle these? I mean, I learned to rebuild all 12 (2 boats, both twin engine, 3 carbs per engine) of my Mikuni carbs by following a write up posted to a popular jet ski forum.

Besides I'm not keeping the bike. Now that my wife and I have kids, we're selling our motorcycles. I just need it to run so I can sell it.
Details...details...details...a lot of people don't get the details right - at least the first time.

Depending on the severity of the issues, it can take more than just a can of carb cleaner and a screwdriver to do the job right. Sometimes that's all people have to work with.

For those that want it done completely, absolutely, positively correct the first time, and don't have all the tools and skills required, ducatiman is The Man.

Sounds like you have it figured out.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote