View Single Post
Old January 18th, 2017, 06:19 AM   #88
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by corksil View Post
Thanks bro. Sharing your experience is really helping. I'm probably gonna need to gear this thing to the moon to get longevity out of the engine. I don't plan on riding it until I have a chance to really go through it and see what I'm working with.
I get what you are saying about pictures but if you are just posting pictures of your bike and not build pictures I think you should be ok.

As far as starting i don't ever mess with tipping the bike over.

Turn the fuel on, put the kicker through a few cycles to get some fresh air in the system, hold the throttle open a little and cycle it another 2 times or so. Then put piston just past Top dead center, return kicker to start position and give it a sharp kick.

see what year the engine is and if anything was done to it.

I believe the 94-01 engines had a wide ratio tranny.

89-93 was the exact same engine but with a closer ratio tranny.

Lots of people swap the 94+ WR tranny into the 89-93 engines so it helps to know what was done to the engine and there were actually some really nice aftermarket WR transmissions available at one point, most are long gone and snatched up but once in a blue moon one will pop up for sale here or there.

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote