Thread: Meet Lucy
View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2017, 02:46 PM   #1
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

Meet Lucy

My Rosie got her new motor and is running great but my mechanic is going to finish up Monday. Been under a heat advisory and it's nasty out there in central Illinois. Dangerous to be exact.
Anyway, I came across a deal I couldn't refuse because what's the harm of having two ninjette's, right? Anyway Lucy a 2006 250r with full muzzy exhaust she sounds mean and angry and drives like a dream. I always wondered why someone would put a muzzy exhaust on their 250's but now I know why. Gonna change her oil tomorrow but for today the love affair begins. Bought her from a 17yr old kid and his dad. Kid is leaving for the Marines in a month. He spilled her going 20mph in some gravel so the stay bar broke which is why the fairings, headlight, and gauges are off. That's THE only issue. The stay bar sustained a clean break so I'm gonna take it and see if I can't weld it together. Fairings look ok they took a beating but not enough to keep them off so I'll be putting everything back together over the next week or two. Fun project not an engine rebuild! Lol so Rosie will come home to a new sister. This 06 has 16k and my red '01 now has 3 miles so might swap motors and sell the '01. Not sure anyway I'll post some pics when her headlight assembly is all back together. No night riding for now and gotta watch my speed
Stole her for $700
Hope everyone is well!