View Single Post
Old August 2nd, 2021, 02:49 AM   #19
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

All I got to say is WOW! Ouch that has got to hurt more than I will ever know !
( i hope)
Hang in there ! even if it's not like you have much choice right now, every day
the pain will get less.... sleep as often as you can and think about other things.
on the Lighter side you'll now have a butt and leg that can predict the weather
to great accuracy ! i.e. My butt hurts, is it a rain hurt or a snow hurt ? um... just rain..... time and experience will teach you that !
My Mother had a snow knee that was very accurate ...worked every time !
it was so accurate that if she complained about her knee hurting I would go cover things I didn't want the snow to get on !
unfortunately you'll probably get that now... the human body doesn't like to
be mushed up and it will complain for decades !
I agree ! get off the meds as fast as possible, you can put up with alot more pain than you think you can there are ways to make your brain report less pain , it takes practice and perseverance.
I just got my 2012 250R Ninja and Love it after 5 years of no bike at all
and I am taking it real easy.... this bike may only be a 250cc but it acts like the 650's of old ! LOL
Any bike can be repaired so have hope ! if it's real bad it may be cheaper to just replace it with something else.... but it actually sounds like You got the worst of the crash, not the bike... which is sometimes the case.
it's still in one piece so that is hopeful !
in your long recovery there will be times that you think "No I'll never ride again" and times when you'll think "No problem I'll ride " but it's the Brain that decides in the ultimate end ....
My Uncle crashed a Harley into a simi decades ago and spent 2 years in the hospital because of it... he went out and got on a friends Harley started it up and threw-up all over the place, he turned the bike off and said No I'm not going to ride today... his body was able, but his brain wouldn't let him !
he then went and got the water hose and washed off his friends bike .
He said all was fine till I felt that engine and all the years in the hospital come flashing back into my mind.... i just couldn't do it !
to My knowledge he never rode again.
it depends on the person ... You can do it IF you want to. my uncle didn't want to.... he did it for his friends !and it didn't work !
Heal up fast and correctly and get those doctors away from you as soon as possible.... their called practicing physicians for a reason. they love to Practice on YOU !

Hang in there !
Bob.......