View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2015, 05:37 PM   #77
subxero
dirty boy

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): I don't even know anymore??

MOTM - Apr '14
as promised. Don't mind the odd look to the photos, i didn't realize till after that it was on "fisheye" setting

So first some pictures of my dirty bike and then some pictures of exactly what i did. You can see all the dirt on my undertail and where it kind gets to be less and it is more dripping down than getting coated there. The shock is pretty clean compared to everything else, you can see how much of the battery box/undertail mud flap i had to cut as well

My tire is really not that square... despite past pictures of my tires, it is the whole camera setting thing

Ok so what i did and i like it

I did not cut anything off of the chain side front of the hugger, i just let it hang down on this side of the swingarm, you can't even notice and it helps keep everything away from the chain

Here is one of the two things i cut. This is the inside corner. I cut this little bit to get it to sit in the OEM chain guard tab that stick up off the swingarm. This really helps keep things in place and it fits snug into the tab. highly recommended

Now on the brake side. I cut a little bit off the end so it sits flush with the brake line holder (little metal wire type piece) Then i drill one small hole at the end to put a zip tie to connect to the brake line holder. I then used the orginal hole in the hugger here to put another zip tie from that hole to the brake line above as well. If you do everything right this side of the hugger will line up very well with the swing arm.

The last thing i do is put a zip tie up front on the brake side. There is a hole there in the hugger already, i just put the zip tie through that hole and around the swing arm. You can see that zip tie here behind my rearset but with everything going on here it is hard to see unless you are really looking for it Again if this is done right it will keep this side of the hugger pretty much in perfect alignment with the swingarm, it looks really clean

another shot of that zip tie

and one more close up

any questions please feel free to ask. I think i cut most of this stuff with either a hacksaw or cutting dykes

I don't think I'm a lot dumber than you thought that I think that I thought I was once.
subxero is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.