View Single Post
Old July 16th, 2016, 08:21 AM   #6
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
I've had good luck with the rebranded Deka AGM batteries that Advance Auto sells. The size that the EX500 and VN750 use end up being ~$50 after coupon code. They're not much more than the cheapest ones you can find, and you can go get them locally instead of waiting for shipping.

For whatever it's worth, they list the YTX7A-BS for the '08 and the YTX9-BS for the '09-'12. They have an ETX9 to fit that one. I'm sure someone else has better information, but I think you can swap them by just removing a spacer or something (possibly have to mod the battery box a little).

Deka's batteries are rebranded and sold under multiple names. I've seen Magna Power (what AA sells) and Big Crank listed. I wouldn't assume each and every ETX9 is a Deka, but it's quite likely if it looks identical other than the sticker.

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote