Thread: Projects
View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2019, 05:29 PM   #87
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextbesthing View Post
I'm having a vacuum leak issue. At least I think it's a vacuum problem. Revs don't return to idle after you touch the throttle. My airbox seems like it has a loose connection to the carb. Carb seems to be cleaned, this is my third carb cleaning ever so it could be operator error, but carb cleaner flows through all the passages, all holes on my jets are clear of blockages... air fuel mix is still stock. Diaphragms seem to me to rise and fall easy enough, I did put a washer on the needles as referenced in the faq. Stronger hose clamps for the intake? New airbox? I am somewhat at a loss.
That won't give you a vacuum leak, just suck in unfiltered air.

Adjust the Idle Mixture screws to the optimum setting - https://faq.ninja250.org/wiki/How_do...dle_mixture%3F

Check for vacuum leaks at the clamps between the carbs and engine with carb cleaner or similar spray. Listen for a change in RPMs.

The diaphragms need to be looked at carefully for holes or tears. The slides should rise and fall smoothly and evenly.
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote