Thread: Projects
View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2020, 09:05 PM   #90
Nextbesthing
ninjette.org member

Name: Jake

Motorcycle(s): 95 ninja 250, 08 KLR 650

Second wind

Time to dredge up my old post. So I sold one of the ninjas (02) from the original purchase and made a couple hundred on the sale. With that, I feel completely justified in spending too much on the 95 to refurb it now that it runs well. I bought some lime green raptor liner to cover the destroyed plastic welded fairings(it was an MSF training bike), purple vinyl for the seat cover to match the purple wheels, new windshield, new mirrors with turn signals integrated, and bar ends, along with a new tail bag. As far as performance upgrades I got the racetech kit for the front forks, valve emulators and .70 springs, fork seals and motul expert medium weight oil for a touch more dampening and I got a few different sprocket options to play around with along with a couple of x ring chains of varying lengths, I also picked up some new rubber for the spare set of wheels. I opted to buy the dreaded 39 tooth rear only because I want to see for myself if the sacrifice in acceleration was worth the top end gain and it was cheap, I also got a 15t front, fresh 45t and 42t rear. I have decided to try and block off the old turn signal cutouts with some abs plastic stock leftover from deer hunting season on my cbr. I cut them to fit and hopefully with some cement and a touch of bondo I am thinking it will look seamless. Overall I'm in a little over $600. I was debating getting a little powdercoating done on some things like the swingarm, lower fork legs, extra wheels and levers to try and keep the lime green/ purple motif but that might be overkill. If I'm into this bike for around 700 I can live with that for now.
Just wanted to update anyone interested. I also have one question. What do you run in your ultrasonic cleaners for just mild surface rust and dirt/staining? I have a ton of bolts, levers, and misc parts that could use a freshening up.
Nextbesthing is offline   Reply With Quote