View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2011, 11:14 AM   #6
JLinde1339
Fighterer in Training

Name: Joshua

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Ninja 250R

Been slowly 'fightering mine. One of the toughest things to work around is the gauge cluster and headlight setup, if you're looking to do a cheap build. The fairing/headlight/gauge mount sticks way too far out the front for my taste. I wound up getting a pair of fork mounts (making sure it had 3 holes each) and squeezed the stock headlight into them. Picked up a set of turn signals and affixed those to the brackets using washers to keep them stable. Bar-end mirrors made sure she was legally up to snuff here in NY. Now the tricky part has been the gauges. Depending on what you need to have on there (both legally and aesthetically) you've got options. Being a complete electro-tard myself, I opted to pull the speedo out of the housing and just stick it next to the ignition. Prolly zip tie it to something, but the speedo cable is prtty rigid, and it stays in place pretty well. I do have a single housing speedo that I ordered from India on the cheap. It was designed for a Royal Enfield, so the screw collar on the stock speedo cable is too small to fit on the post of the new speedo, but I'm still braining out trying to fab something up to get it to hold.

Just one question, by "chin-fairing", are you referring to the belly pan? I've been toying with cutting mine down and re-mounting as a belly pan. Unsure tho.
Posted via Mobile Device
JLinde1339 is offline   Reply With Quote