View Single Post
Old December 24th, 2019, 09:54 AM   #50
BAZININJA
ninjette.org member

Name: Lori

Motorcycle(s): 2018 NINJA 650 ABS KRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliGrrl View Post
I had a rider comment about my leather jacket this past weekend, too. I assured him it breathes nicely and is actually quite comfortable.

People can tease you all they like- you don't have to care about their opinion. It's your skin, and you're protecting it. Another of our riders commented the leather is your second, replaceable skin to protect your real one. I like that.
I like that, too!

I wear Motoport gear. https://www.motoport.com/
It saved my hide (along with my Arai FF) when I high-sided and totaled my N1K Both the jacket and pants were repairable; but I had enough insurance money for gear that I opted to get a second pair of pants made because I wear them so much. I'm a RiderCoach so I wear them teaching class as well. Actually, that's one of the reasons I ended up investing in it: you can't find women's riding pants with cargo pockets. I can't wear men's pants and look halfway decent. Motoport pants have a cargo pocket option. SOLD! Well, there's a little more to it than that. I've been wanting to get to a street school for years, and I wanted to make sure I had suitable gear so I wouldn't have to rent anything. I had heard of Motoport on the N1K forum, so I checked them out. After reading about the quality, I decided my 50-something body was worth it.

Sometime before the high-side, a friend and I were riding on a two-lane straight stretch. I was doing a very responsible 62mph on my N1K (I had just looked). A fawn ran out from the left. I performed an instructor-perfected quick stop. My friend locked up the front and went down. Then the blasted thing came back from the right ditch, tagged my rear wheel and knocked me down I ended up with a sprained knee; my friend didn't fare so well since she was only wearing a long-sleeved shirt and jeans on her body (along with a FF and boots). She ended up getting an ambulance ride. After she had gone and I was making sure her bike got towed (mine was rideable), the volunteer paramedic who was still on the scene asked me how I could stand wearing all that gear (It was about 90*, humid, typical Ozarks summer day). I looked at him incredulously and said, "Look what I just walked away from."
BAZININJA is offline   Reply With Quote