View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2009, 12:18 PM   #37
SpyderGirl
3 for street, 2 for dirt

Name: Katlyn

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Can Am Spyder PE #1344 / 2009 Kawi KLX140L Monster Energy / 2009 Kawi Ninja 250R (RIP 8.23.09)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy View Post
Katlyn - you go to explain that a little more or leave it hanging there like the elephant in the refrigerator?
Well me, the hubby on the Spyder, and my girlfriend on her Spyder, were heading down to the Bay Area Ninjette ride in Livermore on Saturday morning and at about 9:45AM, after riding through VERY high winds (gusts of 50MPH or more I'd say) I decided to pull over and take a rest at the top of the pass before proceeding. I was pratically being lifted by the air and thrown around. I just about nearly stopped from 55 MPH on top of the hill when the wind caught the bike again and the bike caught the edge of the curb forcing me to lay the bike down. I scratched up the fairing really bad, bent my rear brake pedal, scratched the edge of my mirror, broke my fog light, scratched up my exhaust real good, and lost the lens and bulb out of my front signal. We had to leave the bike up on the mountain for hours while we went all the way back home (over a hour away) to get the car and the trailer.

We met the ride group at the ride start (which was about 6 or 7 miles from where the crash happened) then headed back home. After a 1/2 hour of trying to load the bike on the trailer in the high winds and cars flying past us less than 5 feet away at 60 MPH+, we had to call CHP for assistance.

I'm working with the insurance company now, but don't know anything yet.