Thread: Derbi GPR
View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2015, 07:10 AM   #22
jkv45
Rev Limiter

Name: Jay

Motorcycle(s): '06 SV650n, '00 Derbi GPR, '64 CA77 Dream 305, '70 CL450 Scrambler, numerous dirt bikes

MOTM - Jun '18, Oct '16
A little update on the Derbi. I'm half way through changing things up -

Removed the Boy Racer graphics and went with a single Derbi on the fairings and a Derbi "D" on the tank. Made some new silver "R" graphics from the original on the windshield and put them in the space above the logo. Blue wheels to match the graphics and new tires this winter. Still have plenty of small things to do, but it's getting there. Running good now, and am in the process of changing the countershaft sprocket. Adding 1T to drop the revs a bit, as it feels like it's geared too low most of the time.

In the long run, I'm thinking I need to paint the entire bike silver, but that won't be until next year.

Also framed some artwork for the shop. Picked-up a signed print of Kenny Roberts' OW-35K and framed some photos of mine from the 90s. The one on the left is Kenny Roberts Jr on a TZ-250. I have some ideas for a few more things to go on the wall.

Last futzed with by jkv45; September 23rd, 2015 at 07:31 AM. Reason: Added additional photo
jkv45 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.