View Single Post
Old November 4th, 2014, 08:33 AM   #11
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
I still wear my winter gloves underneath as the air still cools off inside, just not as bad as the wind chill hitting me.

When my hand is inside, the wind pushes the back of the mitts against my brake lever, causing the brake light to flash. It never applies the brakes, just enough pressure to trip the switch for the light. Heard having handguards helps hold the mitt in place, though I wonder if using the lever guards racers have would work.

It did take some practice and still now an occastional glance to line my hand up to put it back in smoothly, but in regular riding I haven't had a problem. I did have a problem when exiting a street towards a traffic light. I had removed my hand to close the visor and the light changed. I couldn't get my hand back in so just grabbed the top of the mitt where my clutch lever was and just squeezed everything. No finesse, but it worked and I was able to straighten it out later to put my hand back in.

As you can see in the pic, mine narrow some when just on their own. I've seen some with stiffer openings that may hold their shape better, or maybe something could be inserted to keep the opening wide when empty (like a coat hanger loop or something similar).
Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.