View Single Post
Old April 6th, 2016, 10:59 PM   #12
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
I've been in a few situations where cars were either following me to yell at/intimidate me, or actively trying to kill me. Nothing has ever escalated to this point, however. This is why I don't flip anyone off or anything like that anymore. It's easier and healthier to just keep my composure and give them a little extra space because they're a little extra stupid.

I see a few folks saying that running wasn't the right choice. Going into oncoming traffic was the wrong choice, sure. Running away in a straight line, absolutely the wrong choice. I've resolved all of my situations by either 1: lane splitting, 2: moving out of the way QUICK, braking HARD, and doing a U-Turn, or 3: taking a lot of turns/going on a road I know is very twisty, and any combination of those 3 methods. I stand by my decisions and believe they were the best course of action for the situations I've been in, but they do require a level of familiarity and comfort with the bike. For him, I think the best course of action would be to ride to the nearest police station. Probably not a bad idea for any situation like this, anyway.

But, as we all know, the best course of action is to be kinder than those you share the road with. The moment the Ford Focus's primal "dick-mode" instinct was activated was likely the moment that rider slapped his mirror.
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.