View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #28
CZroe
CPT Falcon

Name: J.Emmett Turner

Motorcycle(s): '08 CP Blue EX250J, '97 unpainted EX250F, 2nd '97 unpainted EX250F (no engine), '07 black EX250F

@KChatham
Traxxion Dynamix is local to me and I needed some fork work done, which is their specialty, so I asked if they can make the valve emulators and lowered handlebar risers. They said that due to high demand they have a $5,000 minimum for machining things, which I assume is on top of the cost of materials (YIKES!).

Because they specialize in making suspension upgrades and I have seen examples of them being used and recommended by the Ninjette community (here and here), I have a feeling that they would change their tune if you authorized them to make and continue making/selling them. We would still have the plans for making our own so your gift would still be just as useful, though I'm sure you still don't want to see people repeatedly profiting off your work without giving you a cut. That said, even if they were able to make just one and undercut RaceTech's price they'd still be profiting off your work. Is this possible? I'd love to see cheaper options for lowered risers and emulators for everyone but I don't think anyone on the forums has access to such machinery.
CZroe is offline   Reply With Quote