Old March 31st, 2015, 08:55 AM   #39
ninjamunky85
Que Buenos Son!!!

Name: Ryan

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia Shiver 750, Husaberg FE 450, Ninja 300 (sold), xr100

MOTM - Nov '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickjpass View Post
Can't imagine you can ride that husaberg without risking it blowing up. They're race bikes, aren't they?
While that may have been true for earlier generation Bergs, the 70° engines have actually been proven to be very reliable, relatively speaking. While they aren't a Honda or BMW street bike that you can easily put 100k trouble free miles on, for a 450 single they are as reliable as anything out there. I've heard of 45,000 kilometers being put on these engines with no rebuild.

Keep in mind too that it's a play bike for me. I wouldn't choose it for a daily driver, but I usually take it out 2-3 times a week and most of those rides are less than 100 miles. I've put more miles on it in a day but after 100 my butt gets pretty sore. I have no problems though taking it for a long ride and certainly don't worry about it "blowing up".

It does require more maintenance than your typical street bike but I knew that when I got it and that's a compromise that I was willing to make for the performance. That being said I've taken apart the top end a few times just to see how it looked and everything has been fine. My bike has over 200 hours on it now and the valves haven't even needed adjustment.
ninjamunky85 is offline   Reply With Quote