View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2011, 10:12 AM   #20
afbarr
ninjette.org member

Name: Aaron

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250, 2009 Moto Guzzi V7 Classic (rip)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ithaca00 View Post
Yes, you did. And you didn't even understand what I was saying. I should have figured that since you hijacked the thread anyways I'm not questioning your choice of mods (at least to you ) I was questioning the arbitrary number and saying DO THE MODS, then take solace in knowing you have more power. Don't dwell on the specific number.
Apparently I didn't understand what you were saying since it sounded like you were saying something else Anyway, maybe the problem is that no-one has mentioned the double secret probation mods that make up the secret sauce. Regarding your comment about ninja 250 engines being so different with respect to each other in terms of the effects of any given mod could this be dealt with using engine blueprinting techniques? There is a series in Motorcycle Consumer News about this (Part II of a IV part series was in the last issue) which was pretty interesting. I have A. Bell's book on 4-stroke tuning on my Amazon wish-list now because of it.

I don't actually have the Area P full racing exhaust yet but it's the next thing on my list to get next month. Then I'll probably upgrade the forks using a race tech kit. I already upgraded the front brake pads with ebc hh and brake lines with steel braided galfers. I realize the chassis and suspension are even more critical than the engine in terms of improving the whole package. Well, actually, doing track days even more so than all of these. BUT the engine is the fun one for me (I like mechanics, thermodynamics, fluid dynamics, etc. because I'm a geek like that).

On a side-side note (to this hostage thread), I saw megacycle doesn't have special cam shafts for the Ninja 250. I guess this is the nuclear option that would also require porting, uber-slick roller bearings, higher compression pistons, lighter conrods, lighter and stronger valves and springs, 100+ octane gas, etc. But pouring $1000s of dollars into a Ninja 250 engine is lunatic fringe -- I like it

ztrack157, after how many miles do the 38hp engines require top-end rebuilds (I imagine they must be running at the ragged edge!)? Also, is your secret sauce really that secret? I mean really
afbarr is offline   Reply With Quote