View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2012, 03:02 AM   #121
nautica
Gixxer Powered

Name: Brett

Motorcycle(s): 2007 GSXR 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Woot!!!! you know the rules of groups. Just take roads at a sane speed so that no one gets left behind. I know these will be new roads for me, so I'll be keeping my throttle in check, but you know the basics; braking/signaling in advance, staggering, checking back for the rest of the group, etc.
Yeah, and remember to give each other room in case of emergency (as in don't ride next to me or I'll take off ahead of you ). Just don't push too hard because even though last time it looked pretty clean, there's always a possibility of dirt/gravel. I almost went down a few weeks ago at night because of dirt and it was scary not being in control. Plus after something like that you always have that feeling in the back of your head that something could be on the road and it's a hard fear to rid of. Just saying that so everyone has a good time yet stays safe. But if you want to up the pace in some of the turns go on ahead and once you get to an intersection/long straight just slow down for others, that's what usually happens when I ride with someone. If you guys want, I can write down the route numbers we'll be going on in order and you can tape it to your tank or keep it in a pocket so you have a general idea.
nautica is offline   Reply With Quote