View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2011, 07:24 AM   #21
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Kawa already has a 250R with FI. These people are not ignorant as to what will or will not sell. There are people who like singles--and they will be drawn to the Honda. Those of us who like twins will go for the Ninja.

I would not be surprised if Kawa would carefully monitor how well the Honda sells. If FI turns out as the tipping point, they already have an FI model which they could make available in the US--problem solved.

I am not an engineer like Alex, so I have no clue as to what is involved in bringing a European model to the US. It is done. Honda did it with the NT-700, which was a popular bike in Europe for the past ten years. Then, there are the California Specifications--It is all very complicated.

I do wish that Kawa would make a fuel injected 50 State model. My wife and I are both very much into things that help the environment. If a CA Ninja was available here in Maine, I would have bought one. I would think that having a European, California, and the rest of the 49 states and Canada Model Ninja would be expensive. I cannot figuere out the logic.