Thread: Ughhhh
View Single Post
Old July 22nd, 2015, 04:11 PM   #8
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonm163 View Post
Yep I am going not this weekend but the next. I just was hoping to familiarize myself with the feel of a bike and the controls hoping to make the class easier. That's okay. I'm glad the bike still looks great and I learned a lesson to make sure I'm in neutral or keep that clutch in. Kinda bad since ive only driven standard cars my entire life lol
As a MSF ridercoach, I hear this all the time. "I wanted to do this and that to make the class easier or be more familiar with the bike." Thing is, that is what the class is for... all it does is cheapen the value of the classroom and biases the range drills to the negative perception of value. And now you're sitting there for that period of time listening to stuff your already know.

If the TX class is anything like the KY BRC, then the class is already set up for your success. Practice before hand in the name of "just to pass", need not apply. And honestly, if you get the right coach, the class is actually kinda fun too.

I hope you get all of that and more for your class. Good luck and be safe out there.

EDIT: bummer about the drop, at least it was only a little scratch. Wish I was that lucky when I dropped my bike the first time. lol
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote