View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2015, 12:04 PM   #1
Fox
ninjette.org member

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja ex250

Exclamation Rear ended a Prius

Always thought someone would pull out on me or change lanes into me but this was entirely my lapse of attention.

Pulled out of a shopping plaza behind another car and went to pass them. As I was passing they decided they wanted to be In my lane so they drifted a bit towards me but then noticed me. So I decided to look over at them like a head turn would teach them to check their mirrors first or something.... as I look back at the road therea a prius maybe 50 ft in front of me. My 'Oh ****' reaction slowed me down from about 45mph to 25 or 20 mph as my front tire slammed into her bumper.

Because i was braking hard allllll of the weight was on the front and my bike basically tucked and somersaulted to land on its handlebars and grab bar with its wheels in the air as I got tossed and sort of tucked over the bars to the left, landing on my back. My backs okay, bruised a lil but thank god I was wearing an upgraded pad in my jacket. Shoulders a lil sore but overall im unscratched.
The bike is not so lucky,...... the frame cracked, destroyed my brake fluid reservoir, gouged up my controls, grips, and bar end mirrors. Tanks pretty scratched but it wasnt perfect anyway. Somehow my grab bar got bent towards the front of the bike.not sure if it slid or bounced off that when it somersaulted..

Her bumper barely had a mark on it. Was pushed out of place a tiny bit and just needed to be popped back into brackets which I did and a tiny rubber mark on the trim since I ride with no front fender. Luckily she was moving at the time.. Not completely stopped. Which allowed me and the bike to flip onto the asphalt not her windows.

Overall im a lucky POS to get right up and be able to move my bike right out of traffic then up a small hill.

Just posting this so if others are in the habit of looking at cagers when they 'wrong you'... its just not worth it. Eyes up and forward allllll the time. Dont be an idiot like me. And if you are an idiot like me you better ATGATT.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.