View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2015, 11:35 AM   #13
tgold
ninjette.org sage

Name: Timm

Motorcycle(s): 2006 1050 Speed Triple, 2010 250 Ninja racebike, YZF320RR? Racebike

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox View Post
Unfortunately yeah I destroyed my project =/ right after I was done messin with it of course. Minor setback is all, I see it as a chance to refresh and do a different look.

I appreciate your recommendations on the skills. I practice emergency braking (i can lock my front wheel without too much effort, had stainless line and sintered pads) and try to utilize a scanning rhythm... but this time I interrupted the scan to stare down a cager.. and believe meeeee if I didnt manage to slow down at all id probably be in a hospital not typing this out comfortably.
I took my eyes off the road during a busy congestion time and the only thing that wouldve helped is paying attention to the road. If I had a full second more to react I wouldve been able to swerve or brake but there werent enough milliseconds.

Tough lesson learned but you all are right still. Even if my emergency braking is adequate it can be trained to be better. Same with my reactions.
Not to be too picky, but anyone can lock their front wheel. It takes practice to be able to brake as hard as possible without locking the front wheel.
tgold is offline   Reply With Quote