Thread: Beyond reckless
View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2015, 08:04 AM   #25
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by toEleven View Post
A 190mph crash doesn't guarantee a 190mph impact of the sort you're describing. I don't disagree with you, but I don't think we're discussing the same thing. I offered unfortunately vague terms - "the task" - and you offered a very specific scenario.
Sorry, I completely disagree. You implied that if they bought expensive racing gear instead of consumer gear they'd be measurably safer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by toEleven View Post
Already addressed earlier in the thread, but keep in mind plenty of gear is designed for actual racers. Mere mortals might not hit these speeds often, but the gear is up to the task - unless you the consumer choose to buy less protective equipment.
At those speeds on the street, I believe that statement to be completely wrong. It's just a random crapshoot of what you hit and at what speed at that time; the quality of the gear is a much lower determinant. It would only come into play once the speeds came down quite a bit, and one piece of gear might last longer before sliding through, or provided slightly better impact protection in a survivable impact.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote