View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2015, 01:30 PM   #31
Jono
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jono

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Triumph Street Triple, 2009 KLX250SF, 2003 Suzuki SV650S (Sold), 2006 Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by toEleven View Post
If your point of reference is something like this:

you might share his viewpoint on the relative lifelessness of the market. Or you might not; subjective opinions are like that, no?
Yeah there was a huge downfall after the recession. But like I said, The motorcycle market has had a life for quite a few years now. As you see it has been increasing for the past 4 years. Thanks in no part to liter bikes. So yes, seeing the liter bike battle start again is a good thing.

But I see the smaller CC bikes as the way to create a new group of riders and put some actual life into the market. The manufacturers see this too. Just look at all the new motorcycles in the 250-900cc range that have come out over the past couple of years.

Here you can see the actual market share (2013) in the United States. http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...ers-in-the-us/

Dudes quote would make more sense if he said,

Quote:
I am greatly encouraged by this new-model release because it indicates that life is coming back into the supersport market.
Jono is offline   Reply With Quote