View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2015, 05:25 PM   #34
toEleven
Slower than you.

Name: toEleven

Motorcycle(s): CBR600RR, CB750, EX300 (半蔵)

MOTM - May '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jono View Post
Yeah there was a huge downfall after the recession. But like I said, The motorcycle market has had a life for quite a few years now. As you see it has been increasing for the past 4 years. Thanks in no part to liter bikes. So yes, seeing the liter bike battle start again is a good thing.

But I see the smaller CC bikes as the way to create a new group of riders and put some actual life into the market. The manufacturers see this too. Just look at all the new motorcycles in the 250-900cc range that have come out over the past couple of years.

Here you can see the actual market share (2013) in the United States. http://www.statista.com/statistics/2...ers-in-the-us/

Dudes quote would make more sense if he said,
A less than 5% increase after cutting the market in half? Okay. I guess that's like using a defrib - the heart is beating again, so we should cease being concerned.

Certainly some quirky things at the show

Honda CB4 Concept

Bimota Tesi 3d

The Augusta in the post above mine is the MV Agusta Dragster RR LH44 specifically. The LH44 being a reference to Lewis Hamilton. "A limited run of 244 hand-built motorcycles" as I read it. I can't say I've been keeping track, but the last time I read a review of the Brutale their electronics were dramatically underdeveloped. Hopefully the new model - which has even more electronic aids - doesn't fall victim to similar complaints.
edit: Hamilton himself earlier this year, on a standard plebeian Brutale 800