View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2015, 11:20 PM   #6
csmith12
The Corner Whisperer

Name: Chris (aka Reactor)

Motorcycle(s): 2010 250 (track), 1992 250, 2006 R6 (street/track), 2008 R6 (track)

MOTY 2015, MOTM - Nov '12, Nov '13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supernam View Post
My 3rd time riding at the track. I don't normally ride sportbikes, I've been on cruisers and adventure bikes on the street.
Nice, I come from cruisers and dirt bikes, so we have something in common. Welcome to track riding, it's addicting fun aye?

Finally got to watch the vid in its entirety. It's not the best to gauge things from, but much better than nothing.

I wish I could hear your throttle control but alas...

Things that I noticed for a rider on his 3rd track day.
1. Get off the seat earlier, before hitting the brakes as best you can
2. The timing of your looking and turning is off, keep your eyes at least one step ahead. Look before you turn.
3. You're missing your apexes every now and then because of #2 but mostly because your tip in points are different lap per lap (points will give you consistency )
4. When you're on the rear wheel of someone, don't follow their lines... making their same riding errors. Their riding leaks into yours if you visual linger on them too long and it gets worse and worse the longer you follow them. Ride your own ride, even when following them.
5. Slide back off the tank a bit. (Had to watch in slo-mo for this one)

Things I liked.
1. Great self control and restraint on entry to turn 1 and other corners. Notice how your line would intersect with other riders if you didn't hold back and anticipate. Well done...
2. Overall pace as consistent throughout the lap, not camping any specific corner and such.
3. Seems like you mostly set a line and keep it, with only a few "major" steering corrections.

Do you feel yourself ever adding lean + throttle at the same time? Why do you think that is?

How do you feel about steering the bike? Based on this video, do you feel you steer quickly? Is steering the bike related to #'s 2, 3 & 4 from the list of tips? Could you benefit from steering faster?

Last question... What were the temps in this video? Were you able to relax?

Looks like a fun track, bigger than kart tracks but smaller than the big ones. Seems like a perfect fit for the smaller cc bikes. Thanks for sharing and hope to help.
csmith12 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.