Old December 4th, 2015, 08:13 PM   #11
Supernam
ninjette.org member

Name: Nam

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
Ah, cool.

Your next time at the track, let's focus on these 2 items as they are fundamental skills that many other skills are built upon.

Homework.... Get a copy of the Twist Of The Wrist 2 (TOTW2) and read it. There is also a video version of the book that is available. Honestly, I watch the video more than read the book, but both are very worthy of your time invested. Don't worry about not being able to put all the information into practice right away either. If it were that easy, we all would be motogp camps. lol

Assuming your throttle control is good... if not start there. In the material, you will find 3 chapters concerning vision. Directly related to my comments is found in chapter 23, the two step drill. The two step drill trains you on WHAT to look at and WHEN to look at it. Don't worry, 3 chapters is only like 10 or so pages. It's a quick read.

The other section related to my comments is chapter 18, steering. How quick, how much and where... Per your current riding, start with the "where" part. Once you know where to turn, you can then set a brake marker based of that turn point.

And lemme add one more specific note since you are actively searching for workable lines. Through any corner there are multiple good lines. When you pick a turn in point and give it a try, how do know it's a good line? What can you use to judge it?
I have watched the video a long time ago before I started riding track, I will watch it again.

I think it is a good line when I can neutral throttle and hit the apex, then gradually throttle on after apex and accelerate without running of the track. Each time I get to the corner I try it, then I try it faster the next time around.
Supernam is offline   Reply With Quote