View Single Post
Old December 7th, 2015, 12:00 PM   #17
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by csmith12 View Post
It most certainly DOES apply to track riding. Fun Facts! The TOTW2 book, in chapter 17, it labels steering as "the key to speed." Also, if you were to take a California Superbike School course, the Quick Turn will be your 3rd on track drill of the day.

In fact, if you google up some CSS reviews of the level 1 course. You will find that it very much mirrors the same tips I gave you, however.... they present it much better than I did.

Here are the lvl 1 drills, in the order they give them;
(steering drill in paddock)
1. throttle control
2. turn points
3. quick turn
4. relax
5. 2 step turning (vision drill)
All great information and similar to what I would have mentioned. I watched the video and agree with everything that csmith12 has to say. I would start with throttle control and working towards getting on the gas as soon as possible once the bike is turned and rolling it on throughout the turn. Then I would focus on what you are looking at and when, the 2-step as it will have a very positive effect on your ability to get the bike turned quickly.

And follow everything else he has suggested and you'll be riding like a pro in no time

If you have any more specific questions about any of the techniques you are reading up on let me know as I've coached with CSS for 11 years now and I've also ridden raced at Shannonville :dance cool:

Misti
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote