View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2016, 01:44 PM   #6
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R (Red), 2005 VFR800A (Red), CRF450X (Red), 2012 F800GS (Wants to be Red!)

MOTM - Nov '15
For me; motorcycling is about carving the corners whether dirt or asphalt.
I'm sure it's an extension from bicycling which started for me from my earliest memories. Tricycle to begin with then the neighbours bike for my first stab (scab? ) at two wheels. I've always loved the corners and the rithym of the road.
When Honda came out with the Trail 50; a friend let me ride it around the yard and a little later my babysitters boyfriend wanted to get rid of me (parents were in Hawaii) so he turned me loose on his Honda 90! So KEWL and I loved that guy! Lol!
But; it wasn't until I was around 14 when I got a ride home from work on the back of a Yamy 350 with a rider that knew how to rail that I was hooked for life: there's 270 degree, banked exit off our 2nd narrows bridge and this guy dragged the pegs all the way around that curve!
I still pray the exit will be clear of traffic every time I head that way which is 2 or 3 times a week. I may not try to drag a knee anymore but I am still reminded of why I love motorcycles (all motorcycles) every time I'm in that corner!
The Smart Money: #1 - ATGATT, #2 - Training (machine skills and survival skills), #3 - The bike; whatever floats yer boat with the money you have left over
SLOWn60 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.