View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2016, 07:01 PM   #12
wendyjboss
wendyjboss

Name: wendyjboss

Motorcycle(s): 2015 Honda CBR 500RF (On its way), 2004 Kawasaki Ninja 250 (sold)

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macharity View Post
I think the reason we bond is simple...if you take care of it, it will take care of you. And vice versa.
I bought my bike the day after I passed the MSF course and received my license. I was desperate to ride and had been searching for weeks ... that day I made the decision ... the owner brought her to me that night in a downpour, on a trailer he pulled behind his truck. I had never seen it except on Craig's List. It had a dent in the gas tank and a repaired, cracked upper front fairing, but it started and it was music to my ears.

So when I saw her in the light, looking bruised, but with only 11,589 miles, I was like, "Okay. We can do this. I will take care of you and you, me."

And it's been pure joy ever since. Who can ever know how awesome it is to ride the twisties like you and the vehicle are one -- a car never feels like that, at least not your typical passenger car. Maybe an Indy class car is like that. But it is unique to me. It's fun and the bike doesn't complain too much if you take care of it.
wendyjboss is offline   Reply With Quote