View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2011, 02:43 PM   #152
forbitel
ninjette.org member

Name: telecom

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

Update: I Re-installed de-acceleration cable

As I mentioned in the first post, I ended-up re-installing the de-acceleration cable in the throttle body. the reason is that I noticed that in some situations the throttle will not fully close leaving the bike idling a little higher. This happens when I closed the throttle from a mid to low open position. This is the nature of springs, the farther you pull them, the more force they will have to pull back and fully close the throttle. However, from a slightly opened throttle, the spring is not elongated enough to have sufficient force to fully close the throttle. An example is in a stop and go traffic, where you don't open the throttle a lot and you constantly need to close it. I believe this is a issue with all throttle bodies not only the one in this kit, and that is why OEM manufacturers decide to install a de-accel cable in first place, to help closing the throttle completely.

Anyhow, I made a small plate from a aluminum flat bar that I got from my local homedepot. I drill couple holes on the the plate to allow holding the de-accel cable in the throttle. Please look at the attached images.

After the mod, the throttle is fully closing in all situations.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Forbitel.
forbitel is offline   Reply With Quote