View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2016, 09:13 AM   #285
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
Ah, be nice to have towers that close. Mine are 60+ miles away and picking them up is hit or miss. Pretty much have given up on OTA TV, *le weep*
What does antennaweb say you'd need for your zipcode? (enter an address close to yours if you don't want to enter your specific one in)

antennaweb form for antenna recommendation

Three potential antenna choices: CM-2020, CM-3020, or CM-5020

+

channelmaster amp with 4 outputs

Should be fine for anything within 100 miles. The only complication is if you aren't aiming in one general direction, and the channels that you do need are in very different directions. The fix in that case is an electric rotator, but that wouldn't work particularly well with a scheduled recording setup. All 3 of those have same 100 mile range. First one doesn't pick up low-band VHF in case you don't need it, 2nd one picks up all; 3rd picks up all, and is more heavy-duty in case of extreme weather. Antennaweb rates the channels with a color coding, and that can be matched up with the antenna specs with that same color coding.

EDIT: Holy crap. I don't know exactly where you live, but I put in Fallon, NV just to see, and antennaweb says that with any antenna, only 3 channels may be available, and they are all Fox. I see the issue.

EDIT #2: OK, I checked the box for "antenna at 30 feet above ground", and then many channels are available, including all of the major networks. If you can get it mounted on a chimney or other location that high above ground, you might get reasonable results. All the major networks are at 246 degrees, so it can be aimed in one exact direction, without a rotator.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote