View Single Post
Old June 19th, 2011, 09:24 AM   #34
Boom King
So, where's the reverse?

Name: Anson

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpionNinja View Post
i had my cell phone get soaked 2 years ago. Phone died, did the rice thing. Put battery back in the phone, turned the phone ON... nothing happened!

I then plugged in the Charger and let my phone Charge for the normal 2-3 hrs.

Phone WORKED then!!!

short story, phone gets WET and Dies... battery instantly LOOSES its charge, just dry phone and battery out, then CHARGE IT UP! it should work!!!
Probably depends on how your phone got wet. The iPhone was at the bottom of a lake for a good few mins before a NAVY SEAL rescue op was able to retrieve it. Standing around and laughing at our friend's predicament probably didn't help either . I suspect though that sitting down there for that long at those water pressures probably fried the internals. No amount of rice is going to save damaged circuitry. Even switched out the battery with another iPhone battery and it was still FUBAR. End of hijack thread.

Back on topic. Rain-X is meant as a glass treatment, so I'm not sure how safe it is to use on a plastic visor? In fact, if memory serves me right, I believe the label says something about not using it on clear plastic. I've heard of some people getting hazing on their visor after. Results will vary as there are also the group who have used it with no problems but using Rain-X does seem to be taking more of a chance. Probably comes down to what type of plastic your shield is made from.
Boom King is offline   Reply With Quote