View Single Post
Old July 3rd, 2013, 09:02 PM   #5
ninja820
ninjette.org member

Name: Sergie

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by choneofakind View Post
Milky oil (like yours) is a sign of moisture in the oil. This can be coolant or plain old water. Judging by the massive rain you got caught in, I'm betting water. Change the oil, if it happens again without any rain, then you have a coolant leak. I bet it's just water from all the rain though.

As for water in the gas, remember that water is more dense than gas, so gas 'floats' on top of water. This means that any water in the gas will collect in your carb bowls (or your reserve tank (if you have a pregen, which has a reserve). Drain the fuel from the carb bowls via the drains on the bottom of the bowls. Them put the petcock on 'PRI' to fill the bowls with fresh gas, and attempt to start it.

Hope that helps. I bet you'll be alright with new oil and fresh fuel in the carb bowls. Make sure to not run the engine until you've changed the oil.
Thanks for the detailed response and advice! More than likely it is water in the oil. I don't think it's a coolant leak as I have been riding fine in hot weather and checked the coolant level the other day.

Do I need to change the oil filter too or am I alright with just changing the oil for now?

What would you recommend to do if the fuel bowl bolts are stripped?
ninja820 is offline   Reply With Quote