View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2014, 05:23 AM   #54
Somchai
Freedom for Germany

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R-FI

Quote:
Originally Posted by micoulisninja View Post
Roland thank you for pointing that out to me. The bike is a road going, track visiting all arounder so I have all lighting and stuff on (but the turn signals) and in addition some more current consuming "appliances" such as a gear indicator, PC V, Auto tune, quickshifter (I am a dynojet fan after all), a manual fan engaging switch etc. I am using the whole '09 250 european FI model stock electrical stuff (stator, rotor, alternator, harness and ECU) so I am sticking with those both for compatibility puproses and since my charging demands are rather greater than either 300's or 250's... in theory the only thing troubling me at the moment (if I manage to put that puzzle together I call engine...) is what should I do about ignition timing... I still have that pic you had uploaded with the ignition advance map for every model but I don't know if I should retard it and how much... I was running my previous engine on +3degrees compared to stock 250 european map and it was ok, maybe needed one less because of the crappy fuel we put in our tanks over here...
seeing how less advance the stock 300 map has, it is troubling me whether to go for sth between 300 and 250 (e.g. +2 degrees over stock 300) or maybe stock 250...I am afraid that if I don't retard advance timing I might blow a hole in those pistons prematurely...
Nick, don't retard the timing, just start with the normal stock-setup and if you feel it's good then start to advance step by step in 1 degree steps until you reach 43 degrees.
Idk if with the pcv system its possible to adjust the timing for a specific rpm range, but if this is possible then retard the low rpms up to idle by 2 degrees.
I'm waiting for my ecu to pass the customs and reach the guy who'll look for it and get the bin-file for me to make my own changes, so in the moment i don't want to say to much about it. But when I see all the secrets inside then I think i'll be able to tell you more.
Ignition setup normally must be done on the test bench or alternative on the dyno.
Somchai is offline   Reply With Quote