View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2014, 05:34 AM   #57
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somchai View Post
Hi Nick, please be patient until I'd take a look inside the ecu. It doesn't make much sense to speculate now since it shouldn't be so long time anymore.
But as I said just go with stock setup would be a good starting point.
I'd get a picture from the guy to take a look for an example now to see what's possible (this is from the European-Version).
It doesn't make much sense to me anyway !! Don't know how to interpret those figures...so nothing I can do but be patient and await for your help ! Thank you anyway...
My mechanic says that we will start measuring my precise curve by a certain "pistol"-gauge he has especially for that kind of thing... we will make sure that the advance timing is set at a max of 42-43 degrees (@6500rpm+) as you said but will work in the opposite direction...if it feels "tight" we will retard it by 2 degrees otherwise will leave it as it is... however if you give me in the meantime a specified guideline I will follow it and experiment on that if necessary... I don't know how much of a factor it will be base CR (after we have it measured) and piston dome shape but I believe we will be close anyway...
only poor quality fuel available here however will definetely be a factor I must take into account...
made some progress today, will post pics later...