View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2014, 03:59 PM   #63
micoulisninja
modaholic junkie

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2001 ZX-12R, 2009 ninja 345cc and plenty of others in the past...

@red26 by the way, the link you posted is about removing seconday butterflies after all...
but after digging up a bit I found the right one...

http://www.riderforums.com/ninja-650...-hose-mod.html

anyway bottom line is (as people who have done this already claim) the only improvement it makes on the 650r is "...resolves "throttle jerkiness" or hesitation in lower rpms and engine surging sensation at steady throttle below 4000rpm..."
so for one, the 300 TBs and engine in general do not have any jerkiness or hesitation, given that one has removed secondary butterflies... also throttle response is good even at stock settings and anyone into tuning will definetely use at least a piggyback system (which has fuel pump "acceleration" features that can alter throttle response any way the rider prefers...)
and two, I don't think anyone can ride a 300 below 4k rpm...or even 5k unless they are stuck in traffic... where usually throttle response is unimportant I think... anyway, I will skip that but anyone who feels like it can give it a try and tell us their impressions of it... are you going for it Red ?