Old July 16th, 2018, 04:33 PM   #42
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by snot View Post
Do you remember the first time you drove a car? Or learned to drive? Or the second car you drove?

I ask because there are somethings that are similar. You will need to learn control, muscle memory, how to react quickly, how to maneuver, etc...
So, start with things you can do... Get familiar with the controls. Just like the class... Can you walk your bike (Flintstone)? If not start there. Then move on to the next thing they showed you... Master each movement before going to the next.
I do remember learning to drive. My parents bought me private driving lessons so I wouldn't have to take the driver's ed class at school

I'm going to start at the beginning with Takara. Get used to her weight again (the bike I was on was almost 90 pounds lighter), re learn her friction zone by hopping on one foot with the other on the peg lol. Then try taking her around the block. There is a hill going that way but no stops on it. The only reason I didn't try that way before is because of how bumpy the streets are.

I think part of the reason the bike I had to ride was so uncomfortable for me is because I felt like I was sitting in a chair with my feet up. Which I had found out before buying Takara that that position was not right for me. I have 15 years of horseback riding ingrained into me still, I'm just right with my feet under me. Doesnt' matter what kind of bike, as long as my feet are under me and I'm able to sit up straight or lean forward. With them in front of me, I'm off balance. If the process could have been slowed down a bit like I asked, I probably could have gotten used to it enough to get through. However, that extra time is apparently not an option.

So I'm going to get used to my girly again, get great instruction from Chris, and then see if there are any classes left to get into. If not, I'll sign back up as soon as they open registration next year. I'll be calling that instructor that gave me her number to see what classes she'll be at. I know with her that I can be on a bike that makes me comfortable enough to be able to concentrate on the drills, and that will help to push the anxiety to a lower level.

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12

Last futzed with by Koala; July 16th, 2018 at 07:38 PM.
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.