Old July 17th, 2018, 04:51 PM   #63
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanikrazy View Post
Look into Enterprise Commercial Truck locations near you. Unlike U-Haul, Enterprise has unlimited miles included in the rental. For short rentals, Enterprise is the winner. If you are driving long distances, U-Haul has built-in mileage limits and rate discounts for 1 week or longer rentals.

You can likely get a Ford Transit size van for $85 per day from Enterprise with unlimited miles. I used to rent them for trackdays, and saved on lodging by sleeping in a hammock in the van. If you factor in the cost of a motel room, you're really not paying much for the rental. You can run an extension cord from shore power at many tracks, and have lights and a laptop powered. Also, if you chat up the employees, they might even give you a free upgrade to a high roof model, which you can stand up in.

Just pick up two aluminum ramps (I bought mine off Amazon with 2-day shipping). Ramps will work for loading with the back of a normal Ford Transit.
the whole rent the van, buy ramp, and just sleep in the van is the idea I originally had. I didn't get a quote from enterprise though when I was looking around last night, was too sleepy, needed to go to bed.

I'm the one who has it all planned out for my next car - get another hatchback so my small self can sleep in the back on one of those huge memory foam dog beds

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote